vServer Center Data Center
Our 20,000 square feet Data Center is a top tier facility in terms of network connectivity and infrastructure design and is SOC2 Certified (formerly SSAE -16 and SAS70). Our primary Data Center is located in an 18-floor, all steel frame secure building. It is one of the largest telecommunications facilities in the central region of the United States.
- vServer Center's network currently serves over 10-billion hits per month
- vServer Center is a strategically located in St. Louis because of its central location in the United States making it an ideal location from which to distribute Internet data throughout the United States and around the world
- Brainbench has ranked St. Louis no. 6 for IT IQ among all United States cities
- Our data center building receives electricity from two separate power feeds on a spot network that provides for automatic failover capabilities
Data Center Network Connectivity
We maintain direct multi-Gigabit bandwidth connections into four of the tier 1 international Internet backbone providers. Each carrier must enter our data center through a different route eliminating the possibility of a complete service failure caused by a physical network cut.
From our upstream providers down to the network card, the highest quality equipment and hardware is utilized to give you a consistent, fast network. Our SLA terms are amongst the most aggressive in the business because we have the network to back it up.
- Most users can reach a server hosted at Cybercon via just one of the major backbones, decreasing the number of hops between the end user and the server
- Our scalable Multi-Gigabit network currently serves over 10-billion hits per month
- We use BGP routing to deliver packets to end users via the shortest path
- Redundant 10Gb/GigE fiber connections to the Internet on diverse physical paths
- Tier 1 carriers include Verizon/UUNET, CenturyLink/Qwest, Level 3 and Cogent
Data Center Power
Our onsite diesel-powered generators and uninterruptible power systems (UPS) deliver redundant power if a critical incident occurs. Separate power generators are connected to separate power grids to provide redundant power protections.
Our Data Center building is served by two ultra-reliable underground grids configured in a spot network that allows any one grid to drop without interruption to the building power supply. Unlike some providers, we don't rely solely on the local power grid to guarantee around-the-clock power.
We maintain uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) that insure against short-term interruptions of power and also regulate the quality of power so that all equipment receives constant line voltage.
- Redundant ultra-reliable underground power grid feeds from the electric utility company Ameren UE
- Redundant diesel generators with priority refueling contracts in place
- Four industry leading MGE UPSes
- Parallel power protection with two independent ATSes
We regularly test our infrastructure to make sure it performs as designed in the event of an emergency. And we back it all up with our 100% Power Service Level Agreement (SLA) and 100% Network Uptime SLA.
Data Center Security
There are five levels of security required to gain physical access to securely hosted servers and equipment in our data center.
- LEVEL 1: Our data center building is locked from public access. After filing a personal picture with the building access database and a ID verification, each customer will be issued an access card to gain entrance to the building. Each entry is computer logged.
- LEVEL 2: Building Security Guards. Our data center building has security guard on duty 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Building security guards will check data center visitors and monitor building enviroments.
- LEVEL 3: Biometric Hand Scanner. All Cybercon employees and customers are required to pass in order to gain access to our data center.
- LEVEL 4: Once inside the data center floor, all server areas are protected by steel doors and Proximity Security Badge locks. The name, date, and time of every entry is computer logged and can be reviewed at any time.
- LEVEL 5: Locked Cabinets are provided for secure hosted servers. Keys or access codes are required to open and access these cabinets. All keys and access codes are managed by our SMC staff.
In addition to five levels of physical access security, the entire data center is monitored 24x7 by security cameras and our on-site SMC staff. Cameras are positioned at every entrance, each and every rack isle and customer cage areas. All security cameras are recorded.
- Military-grade pass card access and biometric identification units provide additional security
- Security is independently verified by regular SOC2 Type II audits
- 24x7 on-premise security guards>
Data Center Cooling
Redundant Computer Room AC (CRAC) units precisely regulate temperature and humidity year round to ensure optimal equipment functionality and reliability.
- Proactive monitoring and control of temperature levels
- Redundant Water tanks
- Dual water mains with diverse entries
Each CRAC unit contains independent compressors and cooling loops to further enhance fault tolerance and reliability. Our CRAC units are powered by normal and backup generator electrical systems, in order to maintain their availability.
Data Center Fire Protection
Our Data Center is engineered with the highest degree of protection against fire damage. Concrete floors, all steel ceilings, fire proof walls, and steel framed racks. There are no flammable materials inside the data center area.
We utilize a state-of-the-art VESDA air sampling fire detection system capable of detecting invisible by-products of materials as they degrade during the precombustion stages of an incipient fire by actively and continuously sampling the air.
To prevent accidental sprinkler discharge, the data center is equipped with a zoned, dry-pipe, pre-action sprinkler system that requires two or more sensors to activate.
Data Center Equipment
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Juniper Routers and Switches
- Juniper Firewalls
- Cisco Firewalls
- NetApp Storage Systems
- EMC Storage Systems
- Dell Equallogic Systems
- Dell Servers
- HP Servers
- Dell Blade Servers
- HP Blade Servers
Data Center Support
Providing our customers with quality support is our first priority. We staff our Service Management Center (SMC) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to ensure that our clients always have someone onsite to assist should a problem arise.
Customers can easily reach a live person by phone. No callbacks and no long waits on hold.